Town of Islip Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Updated: Mar 21
"These are unsettling times for all of us. However, I want to reassure you, on behalf of our Town Board, that the Town of Islip is working hand-in-hand with county, state and federal officials, to ensure that our residents have the latest information about COVID-19, symptoms, prevention and protocols.
I am asking everyone to do their part by social distancing, working from home, avoiding social gatherings, checking in on a neighbor and supporting their local businesses. Town Hall and all Town Buildings are closed to the general public. I am asking everyone to conduct their Town business online, or by appointment only. Information regarding Town closings and cancellations and COVID-19 protocols can be found on our website at www.islipny.gov; our Facebook Page, Twitter Page and Instagram.
Our Township is made up of more than 330,000 residents, many of whom endured Hurricane Sandy. Our Town came together then, and we will get through COVID-19. Be safe and stay well." —Supervisor Angie Carpenter
UPDATES & INFORMATION
• Town of Islip Offices located at 655 Main St. (Town Hall), 401 Main St. (Town Hall West), the offices in 40 Nassau Ave. as well as 50 Irish Lane (Brookwood Hall), will be CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC as of Monday, March 16, 2020, open by appointment only. Offices are still open to employees.
• Residents are encouraged to utilize the Town’s website a to conduct any necessary Town business. Visit our E-Government Services page HERE.
• Constituent Services can be reached by calling 631-224-5380.
• All Senior Centers closed until further notice.
• Essential Senior Citizen services will continue, including at home meal delivery and transportation to doctors appointments. Seniors who utilize Senior Centers for meals may request home delivery by calling 631-224-5340.
• Traffic Violations conferences scheduled for March 23rd & April 6th have been canceled.
• The Town’s Planning Board meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 18th has been canceled.
• There will be NO animal adoptions for 2 weeks, effective March 16th. Donations will still be accepted. For Lost Dogs, please call 631-224-5660.
• WRAP Pail distribution will be halted for 2 weeks, effective March 16th.
• All programs, classes, concerts and the exhibit at the Islip Art Museum are canceled unitl further notice.
Visit www.islipny.gov/coronavirus for additional updates
on Coronavirus COVID-19 and related resources and information.
Town of Islip
655 Main Street
Islip, NY 11751
Angie M. Carpenter, Supervisor
Trish Bergin Weichbrodt • John C. Cochrane, Jr.
Mary Kate Mullen • James P. O'Connor
Olga H. Murray, Town Clerk
Alexis Weik, Receiver of Taxes